Sunday 19 August 2007

Sunday 19th - church service




Today we worshipped in the Dorsten Evangelical church. I hope Mr Bell doesn´t pick up too many tips - the service lasted just under 2hrs :) OK so the translation into English added on a bit. I had to read and pray - fortunately not in German!
Afterward Mr Bell, Ray McWilliam and Jim Armstrong were presented with a couple of pictures as shown in photos.
I had meant to say that earlier in week the Dorston folks put on a photo presentation of the history of the church partnership which was excellent. Lucy was surprised to see photos of her grandas cousin Sam Davison who had been on a Dorsten visit many years ago! Small world....
Second photo is from a crane lift the boys and I had this afternoon (too scary for Megan). There was some sort of festival by the river with boat races and niknak stalls - a bit like a small May Fair! Fortunately we didn´t have to paddle (although we did get the offer).
Tomorrow we go to the zoo. After a few warm dry days, the forecast is showery:

3 comments:

Pete said...

Hope you wore a suit too Martin!

judith said...

really enjoying seeing what you are up to. have fun.

Corinna said...

Heya Martin, this is Corinna writing, who you met in Dorsten, and who spoke the English part of the presentation on the history of the Dorsten-Ballyclare friendship. You might be interested in looking at my thread on www.thephotoforum.com on the visit and the presentation?
I hope I can put a link into this comment, here we go:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91404

Right-o... does not show up as a link, so it would need to be the good old "cut and paste" for you to get to my posts over there. It has all the newspaper articles and my translations of them in there, too (as far as I could get hold of the articles). Have fun :D --- and keep having fun in Dorsten until you go home! :D